Saturday, August 27, 2011

FINAL SUPPORT UPDATE BEFORE DEPARTURE

Hello Everyone,

I hope this information finds you all well. Anyways, I have lots of great news to tell all of you.

However the first part of information I have to tell you is more on the bitter side. Tomorrow morning will be my last day here at South Yukon Church of Christ. I can not tell you how much I am going to miss everyone at this congregation. While I am pumped for Japan, I can not tell you how much this church has done for me the past couple of years and I am going to miss them all dearly. Thank you South Yukon for all the greatness you have brought to me. I could not be more thankful for everything you have done for me. I look forward to coming and seeing you all again soon.

Anyways, now to the happy stuff, first of all, I drove to Houston last Sunday and applied for my visa Monday morning. After spending a couple of days with one of my friends, I was able to go back and get my visa on Wednesday morning. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning who had received the best present ever.

The last process of preparing for my trip was to purchase a plane ticket to leave for Japan. I was finally able to purchase it tonight for a fairly reasonable price. I will officially be leaving on September 8th at about 10 in the morning and arrive in Japan the next day at night. I could not be more excited to let you know that I am just extremely excited for this day to come.

After a long and busy summer of work here at South Yukon Church of Christ and trying to get all of my funds, visa, and plane ticket, I can happily tell you that I have nearly everything I need in order to leave. While I did reach my original goal of $15,000, the decline of the dollar has caused me to need to raise more money. It would really help if I could raise another $2,000. However, I am not going to worry about it too much because I know the Lord will bless me and find out ways for me to make it. However, if you would like to send a check still, feel free to send one with my name on who you are paying to since I will no longer be in Yukon to my house in the Tulsa area at:

1728 S. 152nd. W. Ave.
Sand Springs, OK 74063

Once again, thanks to all of you who have helped support me in this mission whether it has been through prayer or donating something. Without any of your help, this would not be possible. May God Bless each and every one of you.

P.S. The next time you receive an update, I will be reporting from Japan. Be on the lookout for all the great things God will be doing here in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment