Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Japan Support Update

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

First of all, I wanted to thank each and every one of you who have taken part with me in this mission as I prepare for Japan. Today, I am coming to you with some great news.

This morning, I went to Oklahoma Christian University and interviewed with John Osborne. It is John's job to recommend people to work as English teachers to the Mito, Ibaraki school board. After visiting and talking with John, I felt a sense that I would have a great possibility to work there after I finish my mission work next April. While it is completely uncertain due to not knowing how many people will be leaving, it sounds like there will be some promise in being able to work for them after I finish my mission work.

After my interview, I came back to the church building and picked up the mail in the mailbox on the way inside. When I came inside and went through the mail, I found two letters from people that were addressed to me. After opening them, I found enough money that helped me reach and complete my first goal of $15,000. Although I have reached this goal, the price of things has risen and I am needing about 2,000 more dollars to give me some cushion just in case some kind of emergency occurs. However, I have risen enough to live without cushion and I thank you all for making this happen.

This coming Sunday, I will head to Houston to go through the process of getting a Visa. I am hoping that I can get it while I am Houston. However, if I cannot, I hope I will get it within the next week. Once my Visa has arrived I will buy my plane ticket. My original departure date was on September 5th, but it looks like I will be trying to leave on the 6th or the 9th depending on the price of tickets and that sort of thing. I do plan to leave sometime during Labor Day week however.

Whether you have donated to this mission through prayer or donation, I am extremely grateful for each of you and what you have done to make this possible. I pray that God will bless you abundantly as you have blessed me abundantly during this time. Thank you all for everything you do.

In Him,
Jared



No comments:

Post a Comment