Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Support Update

I can not believe it has already been a month since I graduated from Oklahoma Christian. It is also crazy to me that adult life has pretty much officially began. As most of you know, I will be going to Japan again this September to serve as a missionary which is why some of you may be checking this website. Therefore, I thought I would give you all an update on my support.
It has been only a couple of weeks since I sent out my letters for support. While I have only received 10% of my goal, I have been amazed at how fast that amount alone has come in. However, as I mentioned, I am only at 10% and really need the help of everyone who can support and donate. Whether it is $10,000, $100, or even $10, your help makes me that much closer to my goal. However, I understand the situation that we are in during this time in age and know that not all of you can help either. Therefore, continue to pray that I reach my goal.
As far as preparation for my trip, I have continued to take Japanese classes once a week as well as trying to study lots of vocabulary on my own time. I have also been preparing things such as my passport and visa so that I can live in the country as well. Doing all of these things has kept me extremely busy along with my job here at South Yukon.

A few days ago I was in my daily Bible reading and I came across this verse in Proverbs 16:3. "Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established." This verse has taught me that if I continue to commit myself to the Lord, then everything is going to work out and will fall into place. I just have to keep on committing myself. I also pray that each of you continue to consider supporting me in this mission. Once again if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at jared.scism@alumni.oc.edu or call me at (918)269-7662. May God bless each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment